1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Collecting your personal information helps Buymie to better understand what you need from us. We use your information to:
1. When you visit our website, make an order through our Site and Platform(s), register an account with us, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, participate in community discussions, chats, or dispute resolution, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our Site and Platform(s), you may be asked to provide information about yourself including your name, contact details and payment information such as credit or debit card information. We may also collect, process and retain information about your usage of the Site and Platform(s) and information about you from the messages you post onto our Site and Platform(s), the e-mails, letters, and any other digital correspondence you send to us and Social Media communications.
3. We may use technology to provide certain Services that rely upon device-based location information using GPS, Wi-Fi hotspot and telecommunications network locations. If you have enabled your device which you use to access the Buymie Site and Platform(s), we may collect, use, transmit, process and retain your location data, including but not limited to the geographic location of your device and information for the purposes of supplying services that you have requested to us, and to improve the operation of our Site and Platform(s) and the type of services provided by third party delivery service providers (“Personal Pickers”). We provide the location data that you give us to Personal Pickers that deliver orders to you. We will only use location data from which you can be identified in connection with the provision of services to you. We will retain any location data that we receive from you after we have provided the services that you request on our Website from us to continuously improve the Site and Platform(s), review and update business models (including surcharges), monitor and improve delivery efficiency, perform research and technical development in logistics, comply with applicable laws or to deal with a dispute between us. At any time you can withdraw consent to our collection and processing of location information about you by not using the location-based features on our Site and Platform(s) and/or turning off location settings (as applicable) on your device, excluding any historical location data already sent to us. We do not guarantee the availability, accuracy, completeness, reliability, or timeliness of location data or any other data delivered to or by your device or through your use of the Site and Platform(s) and it is your responsibility to verify any location information that we may provide to you as part of your purchase order or use of the Site and Platform(s).
4. Personal Pickers might request, for verification purposes, photographic identification from the recipient of Buymie delivery (“Recipient Photo ID”) if they are in doubt, at their own discretion, or if it is legally required. Additionally, Personal Pickers may need to take a copy of the Recipient Photo ID (for example, taking a digital copy using the smartphone camera) and send the copy to the Site and Platform(s) for storage whenever alcoholic beverage or tobacco product(s) are purchased in order to meet the requirements of law enforcement units.
5. Types of personally identifiable information collected include, but is not limited to, the following: first name, last name, gender, address, postcode, mobile number, email address, payment information (including debit/credit cards), marital status, age group, household income, number of children in household, and any other information that might enable Buymie to provide a personalized shopping experience to you. Type of device-based technical data and location-based data (“Technical and Location Data”) collected include, but is not limited to, the following: technical information from your mobile device or your use of our services through a mobile device, for example, location data and certain characteristics of, and performance data (especially speed of connection and Buymie app loading time) about your device, mobile network carrier, device operating system, network connection type, IP address, browser type, cookies (and similar technologies), mobile payment methods, interaction with other retail technology such as use of NFC Tags, QR Codes or use of mobile vouchers.
2. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
2. We may use your information to contact you for your views on our Site and Platform(s) and to notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to our Site and Platform(s) by post, telephone, mobile messaging (e.g. SMS, MMS) as well as e-mail.
3. Where you have indicated accordingly, you agree that we may use your information to let you know about our other products and services that may be of interest to you including services that may be the subject of direct marketing and we may contact you to do so by post, telephone, mobile messaging (e.g. SMS, MMS) as well as e-mail.
4. Where you have indicated accordingly, you agree that we may use your information with third parties (including those in the food, drink, leisure, marketing and advertising sectors) to let you know about goods and services which may be of interest to you (by post, telephone, mobile messaging (e.g. SMS, MMS) as well as e-mail) and to help us analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business and services to you.
6. Please note that by submitting comments and feedback regarding the Website and the services, you consent to us to use such comments and feedback on the Website and in any marketing or advertising materials. We will only identify you for this purpose by your first name and the city in which you reside.
3. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
1. The information you provide to us will be transferred to and stored in our cloud servers in Ireland. The servers we use meet a board set of international and industry-specific compliance standards, such as ISO 27001 and PCI DSS Level 1.
4. Personal Pickers will only be allowed temporary and limited access to your personally identifiable information, including but not limited to, name, mobile number and address, so as to complete the Buymie delivery and resolve any disputes. Such disclosure is authorised to such an extent that the Personal Pickers can complete your purchase orders and optionally contact you where appropriate (e.g. ‘no one opens the door’, ‘cannot locate the address’) via digital messaging services, voice calls or other communication channels. In all cases, they are not authorised to retain your details permanently or disclose your details to any third parties without prior approval.
5. If you have consented explicitly, we may allow carefully selected third parties, including marketing and advertising companies, our affiliates and associates, to contact you occasionally about services that may be of interest to you. They may contact you by telephone, SMS as well as e-mail. If you change your mind about being contacted by these companies in the future, please let us know by following the instructions in the Contact Us section below and/or by amending your profile accordingly.
7. We may use the information that you provide to us if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with (and/or where we believe we are under a duty to comply with) any legal obligation; or in order to enforce our Website Terms and Conditions and any other agreements; or to protect the rights of Buymie, Personal Pickers, Supported Stores or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and prevention.
8. While committed to protecting your privacy, we may sometimes use, share and/or exchange anonymised information with or without financial gain to external organisations and partnerships for market research, technological development and/or academic research purposes. However, we would like to reassure you that this never includes your personally identifiable information such as name, mobile number and address
4. SECURITY AND DATA RETENTION
1. We take steps to protect your information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of unauthorised access, disclosure and alternation and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. If you believe your account has been abused, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below.
2. Where you have chosen a password which allows you to access certain parts of the Site and Platform(s), you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We advise you not to share your password with anyone and be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
3. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take steps to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site and Platform(s); any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Buymie cannot guarantee or warrant the Site and Platform(s) or its security components against breaches of security, the interruption of the system or user error and misuse.
4. We retain your personal information and Technical and Location Data as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain personal information and Technical and Location Data from closed accounts to comply with national laws, prevent and detect fraudulent or illegal activities, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our Terms and Conditions and take other actions permitted or required by applicable national laws.
5. Please note we have no direct access to your debit/credit card information at any time, except the last four digits of the card number, date of expiry and name of the issuing bank for identification purposes. Payment information are stored by third party payment processing partner, Stripe, who is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1. For any queries, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below.
5. DATA ACCESSING AND UPDATING
You have the right to see the information we hold about you ("Access Request") and to ask us to make any changes to ensure that it is accurate and up to date. If you wish to do this, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below. In the event that you make an Access Request, we reserve the right to charge a fee of €6.35 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
6. AGE RESTRICTION
Our Sites and Platforms are for general audience and are not intended for anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information via Sites and Platforms from visitors under the age of 18.
8. CONTACT US
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information should be sent to this email